2-Phase Closed Loop Stepper Drives. 20-50 VDC Supply Voltage, Max 8A Output Current
- Step & direction or CW/CCW control modes
- Supply voltage of 20-50 VDC, maximum output current of 8.0A
- Powering 2-phase stepper motor of NEMA 8, 17, 23, 24 with 1000-line encoder
- Closed-loop, eliminates loss of steps
- No Tuning
- No hunting
- No overshooting
- No torque margin
- Reduced motor heating and more efficient
- Smooth motion and super-low motor noise
- CE certified and RoHS compliant
Leadshine CS-D508 is a closed loop stepper drive, when it is implemented along with a compatible 2-phase stepper motor in frame size NEMA 17, 23, or 24 with 1000-line incremental encoder. It can close the position loop between the motor and drive and therefore eliminate the loss of step problem in an open loop system. The CS-D508 implements advanced control algorithm based on Leadshine's tens of years’ experience in stepper and servo controls. It is ideal for upgrading open loop stepper systems, or replacing servo systems in some low to middle speed applications.
Compared with an open loop stepper system, a CS-D508 adopted closed loop stepper system can eliminate loss of step, make real-time position error correction, and use 100% available torque of the driven stepper motor. It can also power the driven stepper motor with reduced heating, lower noise, low vibration, …
When compared with a servo system, a CS-D508 adopted closed loop stepper system can have much higher low-to-middle-speed torque. such a control system also has the advantages of no tuning, no hunting, no overshooting, and much lower cost.