The main objectives of these step-by-step instructions are:
- Power the Board and e-stop and test that the board activates/deactivates at hardware level only with e-stop.
- Install the C25XP license and configure the pinout and functions of MACH4 supported by the C25XP and test that MACH3 is communicating with the C25XP OK.
- Enable and configure the Safety Charge Pump to make sure the C25XP activates (green LED) when MACH3 becomes active (out of reset).
STEP 1: Connect an E-Stop button to short the E-Stop terminals, disable the Safety Change Pump (JUMPER=OFF). The SCHP is a watchdog, which will allow the board to activate only while the control software is active. This should activate the board (green LED). IF not, check other possible fault conditions and make sure they are not active.
STEP 2: Make sure the controller is connected to an Ethernet port on the PC and powered with LEDs ON.
STEP 3: Download the Plugin software for ESS,
- Open the program Mach3 and select the profile of your preference
- Configuration plugins
- Enable ESS
- Restart Mach3
STEP 4:Download and copy the XML configuration file for Mach3 and save it in the Mach3 root directory. If you prefer to configure Mach4 and the Plugin Manually, you skip this step and follow these instructions
- Save it to the Mach3 root folder. Rename it if you want to give your profile a specific name.
- This should give you a green LED.
- If not, check other possible fault conditions and make sure they are not active.
STEP 5:Run the SCU_Application_v1.3.1
- Click on Start PC Configuration
- Click in Easy Mode
- Select SmoothStepper Network 13> click on Configure Everything.
- It should appear as shown in the screenshot and close the window.
STEP 6:Start Mach3.
- Start Mach3 using the new profile you downloaded.
- select the ESS as the default motion device.
- You should get the green LED when you press the reset button.
- you can proceed to set the travel info for the axes and set up the max spindle speed for the spindle.
- Save your configuration and restart Mach3.
STEP 7:Wiring test
- Test the E-Stop by opening the circuit a confirming the green LED goes off.
- You can now enable back on the SCHP by moving (JUMPER=ON) so it will be the control software that will enable the system.