The main objectives of these step-by-step instructions are:
- Power the Board and e-stop and test that the board activates/deactivates at hardware level only with e-stop.
- Install the C82 license and configure the pinout and functions of MACH4 supported by the C82 and test that MACH4 is communicating with the C82 OK.
- Enable and configure the Safety Charge Pump to make sure the C25XP activates (green LED) when MACH4 becomes active (out of reset).
STEP 1: Connect an E-Stop button to short the E-Stop terminals, disable the Safety Change Pump (JUMPER=OFF). The SCHP is a watchdog, which will allow the board to activate only while the control software is active. This should activate the board (green LED). IF not, check other possible fault conditions and make sure they are not active.
STEP 2: Make sure the controller is connected to an Ethernet port on the PC and powered with LEDs ON.
STEP 3:Run the SCU Application v1.3.1 program
- Establish the connection
- set a fixed IP on the PC’s LAN cad and whitelist the device on the network:
- Click in Start PC Configuration
- Click in Easy Mode
- Select SmoothStepper Network 13> click on Configure Everything.
- It should appear as shown in the screenshot and close the window.
STEP 4:. Set a profile name and a screen set to use
STEP 5:Download the cnc4pc.com software and run it as follows for its operation, If you prefer to configure Mach4 and the Plugin Manually, you skip this step and follow these instructions
- Select the profile that I created> click on install .
- Click in Close.
- You can now enable back on the SCHP by moving (JUMPER=ON) so it will be the control software what will enable the system.
STEP 6: Start Mach4 GUI using the profile on which you just run the installer
STEP 7:Wiring test
- Test the E-Stop by opening the circuit a confirming the green LED goes off.
- You can now enable back on the SCHP by moving (JUMPER=ON) so it will be the control software that will enable the system.