We are recommending all customers using the USB Smooth Stepper to upgrade to the Ethernet Smooth Stepper. There are many benefits to upgrading:
- The price is the same.
- There are minimal changes to the configuration when upgrading.
- The Ethernet Smooth Stepper supports Mach4, the USB does not.
- The Ethernet Smooth Stepper is getting constant upgrades and improvements, while the USB Smooth Stepper is an obsolete item, it has been discontinued for many years now.
- The Ethernet Smooth Stepper has 3 ports, while the USB version only 2.
- The Ethernet connection is so much more stable than USB. It is faster, it does not share a common ground, it runs on client-server configuration, while USB runs as a windows device. If for some reason there is a glitch in the communication, Ethernet can recuperate and get back online, while on USB, you will have to restart the application
- The Ethernet Smooth Stepper is getting constant upgrades and improvements.