Mary Moran Total posts: 1 Joined:

Thanks for the useful info here. 

tiny fishing

Posted:
Miranda Joyee Total posts: 1 Joined:

I quite like it, it would be a good candidate uno online

Posted:
Arturo Duncan Total posts: 260 Joined:

Verify that your MAXNC is expecting step and direction signals.  I think it is not.  It just expects signals to activate the phases of the drivers.  I think this would be a good candidate for an upgrade using the C85 board.

https://www.cnc4pc.com/multifunction-4-axis-digital-stepper-motor-driver-board.html

Arturo Duncan

http://cnc4pc.com

Posted:
alexandre cyr Total posts: 1 Joined:

Hello all,

I picked up a used MacNC 10 and I am struggling to get it running with the UC100 motion controller.  I have had the P port directly plugged into the machine to PC, and I can get the 3 axis to move using the jog function in Mach 3, so I beleive all the electronics are good.

The issue I have is when I plug in the UC100 and try to run it thru the USB bus.  The steppers seem to be locked, but make a noise like they are spinning, but the shafts do not spin.  From my research, it sounds like they are not over poering the field like they should.  I started witht he same motor tuning setting I used with the P port cable, and changed everything about a 100 times all over the place to get some sign of movement, but no luck.

I have it set to 25K, but have tried the 50K and 100K settings.  It seems the port and pin configuration is working, so the correct mototrs are responding.  

From what i have read, it seems like there is a pulse frequency that may be off, but I have no idea how to change this other than the motor tuning settings.  

I have searched, I have found no information on the original controller and the UC100, mostly with the Uc100 in G540 board.  I am just trying to get my feet wet here, so I would rather not upgrade to the G540 at this time, but may someday. 

The reason I am trying to get the UC100 working is because I don't own any CNC license, and would rather buy the latest Mach 4 over 3, since I might have other uses for it down the road.  

I looked at UCCNC, but in demo mode I can not move the motors, so I have no idea if that works either.

Any help would be appretiated.  Many long nights changing settings with no luck.

Mike.

Posted:

Jump To Forum