PlasmaSens is torch height sensor for Torch Height Control
PlasmaSens is torch height sensor for Torch Height Control.
PlasmaSens is a torch height sensor for Torch Height Control using with plasma cutter equipment. In a combination with a PoKeys57CNC CNC controller, PlasmaSens is reliable Torch Height Control (THC). PlasmaSens provides an accurate arc voltage measurement based on modern microprocessor’s technology. Efficient and precise cutting of material depends on torch distance from a workpiece and appropriate plasma arc. The arc voltage is proportional to the distance between the torch and the workpiece and Torch Height Control make it as equal as possible across the entire cutting surface. Therefore plasma’s voltage data is important for a Z-axis position update.
With a mains AC power supply built-in and a total optical output isolation, PlasmaSens – Torch Height Control is very simple for physical installation and safe to use. The device offers two arc voltage level inputs. High voltage input up to 350 VDC or low voltage input (without 1:50 internal divider) up to 10 VDC.
- Plasma voltage measurement up to 350 V
- Main AC power supply (110 VAC-230 VAC/50-60 Hz)
- Full optical output isolation; transmitter and receiver connected over an optical fiber cable
- Additional input for divided plasma voltage (1:50) up to 10 V
- Plasma voltage present signalization
- Plugin support Mach3 (Mach4 – coming soon)
- DIN-rail mountable housing
- PlasmaSens – Torch Height Control device
- Receiver board with a flat cable
- Optical cable (2m and 5m)
Documents and Download
Software, Installers and Configuration Files
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- I am getting an E-1 Error on a Plasmasensout THC sensor
This is error is due to noise entering the logic of the system. The way of fixing it making sure things are properly grounded and making sure the negatives of the logic in the breakout board are not common with the main grounds or the negative or the mai...
- Could i use only plasmasens with pokeys57CNC for THC in Mach3?if yes tell me please configurations?if i activate THC(green button) motion will stop.