PlasmaSensOut - THC controller
PlasmaSensOut – THC controller
PlasmaSensOut is a universal torch height controller (THC) for use with the PlasmaSens – torch height sensor device. Thanks to an optical connection it’s fully electrically (galvanically) isolated from high voltage plasma cutter’s equipment and so it’s safe to use. PlasmaSensOut provides standard programmable ARC_OK, UP and DOWN signals and it’s compatible with most CNC controller boards on the market. A simple user-friendly interface allows quick and efficient moving through the menu using three menu buttons. Led display in default state shows temporally arc voltage and led diodes to signalize state of output. User can set the following THC parameters: reference voltage, hysteresis (non-active range around reference height), delay time and anti-dive limit voltage. All parameters are adjustable during operation.
- Output signals: Arc OK, Up and Down (DC solid state)
- Programmable reference and hysteresis voltage, delay time and anti-dive limit voltage
- Current plasma voltage presentation on LED display
- Arc present, up and down – LED signalization
- Full optical input isolation; transmitter and receiver connected over an optical cable
- Test mode operation
- DC power supply (6- 36 V)
- Compatible with most CNC controller boards
- DIN-rail mountable housing
- PlasmaSensOut device
- PlasmaSens sensor device
- Optical cable (2m and 5m)
Note: It is important to make sure the negative of the power connection is not common with the negative of the Main Power Supply, as this product can be very sensitive to noise issues.
Documents and Download
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- I am getting an E-1 Error on a Plasmasensout THC sensor
This is error is due to noise entering the logic of the system. The way of fixing it making sure things are properly grounded and making sure the negatives of the logic in the breakout board are not common with the main grounds or the negative or the mai...
- I have a ETHER-MACH-CS motion control with a C25 - Smooth Stepper Terminal Board and am running Mach 4 Hobby, will this work with these components?
Yes, the Plasmasenseout will work OK with the ESS and C25. Note that the C25 only takes +5vdc TTL signals and the PSO puts out +24vdc logic signals, you may want consider upgrading to the C25XP: https://www.cnc4pc.com/c25xp-smooth-stepper-integrated-boa...
- Is this Compatible with Mach 4 and ESS
Yes, this can be wired to a plasma using Mach3/4 and the ESS.
- I don't see the ESS/Mach 4 configuration documents. Do you have them. If you do I will purchase the PlasmaSenseOut. Thanks
You can use this wiring diagram for a controller using the Smooth Stepper and with the C82 and Mach3/4: https://www.cnc4pc.com/pub/media/productattachments/files/WS_66-C82r3_3.pdf This runs with the Mach3/4 plasma screens and you just need to configure ...