Mach4 Lathe Using the Ethernet Smooth Stepper and the C82 Breakout Board
Mach4 and Ethernet Smooth Stepper CNC Lathe
- Read more »
- Posted: May 20, 2021Categories: Mach4 and Ethernet Smooth Stepper CNC LatheRead more »
These instructions show the basic configuration for a Lathe using Mach4 and the Ethernet Smooth Stepper with the C82 and 500PPR Encoder on the Spindle with a standard VFD.
A C82 is used to easily interface with closed-loop steppers. This is necessary on a lathe due to safety considerations because of the risk of crashing into the spindle as a result of an undetected lost position on an axis.
- Posted: May 14, 2021Categories: Mach4 and Ethernet Smooth Stepper CNC LatheRead more »
In this post we are going to see how to use an AC Servo motor as a spindle, using Mach4 and the C82 with ESS, for this case we will use a DYN4 servo driver and Mach4 188.8.131.5212, ESS Plugin V 275
Configure Servo Driver
- Connect to the DYN4 Servo Driver using the CA-MTUSB-FR1 Tunning Cable.
- Set the number of pulses per revolution of the encoders, for this case we are going to use 500 pulses per revolution.
- Keep in mind that you also must tune the driver with a load of your machine.